Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer 2008

Brent and I felt that we needed to get away from it all and spend time reading God's word and praying. It's amazing how God works through people. We were able to spend a week at Pigeon Lake. A week without any electronics gave us time to read the Bible and other books on creationism and revelation. This was much needed time to reflect and prioritize things so that our lives ultimately honour God.

Lately, Brent and I have this sense of urgency. I can't help but believe that things are lining up to fit the end-time prophecies in the Bible. I am so intrigued about this right now. Before meeting some people at our Bible study group, I felt that I lost my boldness and zeal for God and became lukewarm. So, what motivates us to share Christ with others? To read God's Word? To take the time to pray? It's wanting to know God more and the fact that His Second Coming is closer than we think! Placing Him first again has brought a renewal and refreshing in our lives once again. God is good!

We have some ideas that we continue to pray about and, at the same time, we are looking to support others in their calling. As for the summer, we are going with the flow (so opposite of the planner in me). We are just taking every opportunity to serve God! We would love your prayers and support! God bless!

2 comments:

shinbone #4 said...

hey, look at you, blogging!! I'm so proud ;D
Yes, we are in Italy...at least Christina and I are still here, Dave, John, and Joy went back to England yesterday.. they just came to meet up with us for our weekend off. Christina and I are taking a course in Lido di Jesolo, which is a resort town about 30km away from Venice. It has been some long days and believe it or not, I'm ready for the course to be done. We finish this thursday and then go to Rome for a couple days before heading back to England. We're back in Canada July 30th though, after which time we will have to meet up... I miss you guys, it feels like forever!

Joy said...

Ha, so you joined the world of blogging too. Your becoming a computer junky like the reat of us.